Come see us at ARO!-- Jan 22, 2020
Sunday, Jan 26, 2020. PS 291: Acoustic Change Complex and the Auditory Steady State Response with Amplitude Modulated Noise in Children with Listening Difficulties. Chelsea Blankenship; Lauren Petley; Thu Nguyen; Noah Campagna; Audrey Perdew; Nathan Clevenger; Erin Cash; Andrew Dimitrijevic; David R. Moore
Sunday, Jan 26, 2020. PS 327: Cochlear Implants Users have Larger Visual Evoked Potentials and Delayed Alpha Oscillations in a Visual Working Memory Task. Priyanka Yogarajah; Brandon T. Paul; Andrew Dimitrijevic
Monday, Jan 25, 2020. PS 540 Concurrent EEG and Pupillometry Measures of Listening Effort while Listening to Speech in Noise. Emily Graber; Emmanuel Chan1; Brandon T. Paul;
Sunday, Jan 25, 2020. PD 41: Hearing loss is associated with modified brain oscillations during non-auditory verbal working memory. Brandon T. Paul; Arunan Srikanthanathan; Andrew Dimitrijevic
Bowen Xiu joins the lab as our newest MSc student-- Sep 7, 2019
Our listening effort paper in CI users just went live in Scientific Reports! -- Aug 2, 2019
3 conferences over 2 weeks -- July 29, 2019
International Evoked Response Audiometry Study Group - workshop and 3 talks
American Cochlear Implant Alliance
- 2 talks
- 3 talks
We have 4 posters at ARO -- Feb 9, 2019
1. Intra-individual correlations between EEG alpha oscillations and self-reported listening effort ratings during a speech-in-noise task in cochlear implant users.
2. EEG oscillations and entrainment in cochlear implant users while watching “The Ofﬁce”: neural correlates of listening effort and speech encoding with continuous, naturalistic stimuli
3. Electrophysiological correlates of dichotic streaming in bilateral CI users: Speech entrainment and lateralized alpha oscillations
4. Brain responses to silent lip reading in normal hearing, CI users, and CI candidates: Increased cross-modal plasticity is postively related to CI outcome
Dr. Emily Graber Joins the lab! -- Jan 21, 2019
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Emily Graber has joined the lab as a postdoc.
The pupil-labs system has arrived-- Dec 1, 2018
The mBrainTrain system has arrived-- Nov ,2018
CI Brain Lab at Objective Measures conference--Oct 3, 2018
We have 5 presentations at the Objective Measures
conference in Tel Aviv Israel
1. Brain responses to silent lip reading in normal hearing, CI users, and CI candidates.
2. Electrophysiological correlates of dichotic streaming in bilateral CI users.
3. Attentional modulation of evoked potentials and brain oscillations are related to speech perception abilities in cochlear implant users.
4. Objective measures of listening effort in CI users: brain oscillations and neural entrainment to naturalistic stimuli.
5. EEG alpha activity as a candidate neural marker of listening effort during speech-in-noise perception in cochlear implant users.
We are hosting Dr. Carles Escera--Sept 28, 2018
We will be hosting Professor Carles Escera on Monday October 1st for a presentation:
Neurocognitive mechanisms in audition as revealed with the Frequency-Following Response
Carles Escera is a full professor at the University of Barcelona who research focus is auditory attention, perception, memory and executive function using EEG in various neurological, neurodevelopemental, and psychiatric disorders. Click here
for his website
Dr. Escera will be coming to the Cochlear Implant lab in the ENT clinic earlier in the day. If you'd like to meet him please contact me.